Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at California State University - Chico

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at California State University - Chico

Computer Science is one of the majors in the computer & information sciences program at California State University - Chico.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. Also, learn how Chico State ranks among other schools offering degrees in compsci.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer Science Degrees Available at Chico State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci

Chico State CompSci Rankings

The bachelor's program at Chico State was ranked #103 on College Factual's Best Schools for compsci list. It is also ranked #15 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Computer Science 39
Best Computer Science Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 42
Highest Paid Computer Science Graduates 77
Best Computer Science Colleges for Veterans 88
Most Popular Colleges for Computer Science 162

Popularity of CompSci at Chico State

During the 2018-2019 academic year, California State University - Chico handed out 52 bachelor's degrees in computer science. Due to this, the school was ranked #162 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 4% over the previous year when 50 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 1 students received their master’s degree in compsci from Chico State. This makes it the #230 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do CompSci Graduates from Chico State Make?

Salary of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

CompSci majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Chico State go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $69,500 a year. This is higher than $63,700, which is the national median for all compsci bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CompSci Graduates from Chico State Have?

Student Debt of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Chico State, compsci students borrow a median amount of $18,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all compsci bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,812.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the compsci program at Chico State is $192 per month.

Chico State CompSci Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at California State University - Chico.

Chico State Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 52 students earned a bachelor's degree in compsci from Chico State. About 8% of these graduates were women and the other 92% were men.

Chico State Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Chico State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 60% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Chico with a bachelor's in compsci.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at California State University - Chico
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 31
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 5

Chico State Computer Science Master’s Program

All of the 1 students who graduated with a Master’s in compsci from Chico State in 2019 were men.

Chico State Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Chico State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 100% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Chico with a master's in compsci.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at California State University - Chico
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to CompSci

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer Information Systems 96

View All Computer Science Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You