Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Psychology at California State University - Dominguez Hills

Find Schools Near

Psychology at California State University - Dominguez Hills

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how California State University - Dominguez Hills ranks in comparison to other schools with psychology programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Psychology Degrees Available at California State University - Dominguez Hills

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
  • Master’s Degree in Psychology

California State University - Dominguez Hills Psychology Rankings

The bachelor's program at California State University - Dominguez Hills was ranked #594 on College Factual's Best Schools for psychology list. It is also ranked #46 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Psychology 75
Best Psychology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 153
Most Focused Colleges for Psychology 243
Best Psychology Colleges for Veterans 257
Best Value Colleges for Psychology 499
Best Colleges for Psychology 594

Popularity of Psychology at California State University - Dominguez Hills

During the 2017-2018 academic year, California State University - Dominguez Hills handed out 368 bachelor's degrees in psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #75 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 13% over the previous year when 325 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 13 students received their master’s degree in psychology from California State University - Dominguez Hills. This makes it the #457 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.

California State University - Dominguez Hills Psychology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at California State University - Dominguez Hills.

California State University - Dominguez Hills Psychology Bachelor’s Program

Of the 368 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Psychology from California State University - Dominguez Hills in 2017-2018, 21% were men and 79% were women.

California State University - Dominguez Hills Gender Breakdown of Psychology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 65% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Dominguez Hills with a bachelor's in psychology.

Ethnic Diversity of Psychology Majors at California State University - Dominguez Hills
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 19
Black or African American 47
Hispanic or Latino 238
White 18
Non-Resident Aliens 18
Other Races 28

California State University - Dominguez Hills Psychology Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 13 students earned a master's degree in psychology from California State University - Dominguez Hills. About 77% of these graduates were women and the other 23% were men.

California State University - Dominguez Hills Gender Breakdown of Psychology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the master's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 69% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Dominguez Hills with a master's in psychology.

Ethnic Diversity of Psychology Majors at California State University - Dominguez Hills
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Psychology

Psychology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Psychology 381

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 421
Social Sciences 320
Communication & Journalism 204
History 33
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 22

View All Psychology Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You