CSUSB Housing Costs
How Much Does it Cost to Live at California State University - San Bernardino ?
Realizing all the expenses associated with attending college will allow you to make the right college decision. These extra costs of supplies, room, and board add up fast!
On this page you will find:
- Outline of Housing Costs
- Room & Board Trends and Total Expenses
- Meal Plans and Housing Requirements
- Housing Costs Comparison
CSUSB Room and Board Expenses California State University - San Bernardino offers most of its courses online. If you are an online student, your cost of living will likely stay the same. Bear this in mind when planning for your college education.
In 2021, CSUSB students spent $7,644 for housing and $3,000 for the dining plan.
The table below will show you the anticipated expenses of on-campus and off-campus housing and food plans for California State University - San Bernardino.
|Expense||On Campus||Off Campus|
|Room and Board||$12,822||$16,011|
|Other Living Expenses||$3,634||$4,040|
|Books and Supplies||$1,145||$1,145|
Over Four Years You Could Pay About $77,623 for Living Costs
On-campus housing and dining at CSUSB have changed about 0.6% for each of the past five years, compared to a nationwide average change of 2.4%. If the latest trends persist, incoming first year students in 2022 will spend about $18,164 in housing, meals and additional expenses for their first year of school. Those young people will likely wind up having to pay around $18,875 for their 2nd year, and $20,829 for their 4th year.
The room and board total over four years would be close to $77,623; for just two years it would be about $37,039.
How to Finance Your CSUSB Education?
More Details on Living On Campus
Are you wondering whether you may be required to live on campus? If you are a first-time full-time student, some schools may require it. See the table below to find out whether CSUSB does or not, as well as the on-campus housing capacity.
|Are Freshmen Required to Live on Campus?||No|
|On-Campus Housing Capacity||1,482|
Campus Costs are Above Average
With room, board, books, supplies, and additional expenses costing on-campus students $17,601, California State University - San Bernardino is above the U.S. average of $15,282.
If you’re considering California State University - San Bernardino, here are some more schools you may be interested in knowing more about.
- California State University - Los Angeles
- California State University - Sacramento
- California State University - Stanislaus
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Lock Haven University
Curious on how these schools stack up against CSUSB? Pit them head to head with College Combat, our free interactive tool that lets you compare colleges on the features that matter most to you!
Check out the following matchups:
- California State University - San Bernardino vs. California State University - Los Angeles
- California State University - San Bernardino vs. California State University - Sacramento
- California State University - San Bernardino vs. California State University - Stanislaus
- California State University - San Bernardino vs. Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- California State University - San Bernardino vs. Lock Haven University
More about our data sources and methodologies.