Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Capella University

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Capella University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Capella University ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in computer and information sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at Capella University

  • Certificate (1 - 2 Years) in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

Capella University Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at Capella University was ranked #291 on College Factual's Best Schools for computer and information sciences list. It is also ranked #5 in Minnesota.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Computer & Information Sciences Schools 21
Best Online Computer & Information Sciences Schools 31
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 41
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Veterans 52
Most Popular Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 70
Most Focused Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 135
Best Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 291
Highest Paid Computer & Information Sciences Graduates 721

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at Capella University

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Capella University handed out 240 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #70 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 3% over the previous year when 232 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 186 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from Capella University. This makes it the #62 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 24 students received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences in 2018, making the school the #20 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at Capella University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Capella University.

Capella University Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

Of the 240 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in computer and information sciences from Capella University in 2018, 78% were men and 22% were women.

Capella University Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Capella University with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Capella University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 11
Black or African American 37
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 108
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 70

Capella University Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 186 students earned a master's degree in computer and information sciences from Capella University. About 25% of these graduates were women and the other 75% were men.

Capella University Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Capella University with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Capella University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 36
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 84
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 45

Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Information Technology 365
Computer Information Systems 102
Other Computer & Information Sciences 21
Data Processing 5
Computer Software & Applications 3

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 3

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You