Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Physics at Carthage College

Find Schools Near

Physics at Carthage College

Physics is one of the majors in the physical sciences program at Carthage College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how Carthage ranks in comparison to other schools with physics programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Physics Degrees Available at Carthage

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Physics

Carthage Physics Rankings

The bachelor's program at Carthage was ranked #211 on College Factual's Best Schools for physics list. It is also ranked #4 in Wisconsin.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Physics 199
Best Colleges for Physics 211
Best Physics Colleges for Veterans 247
Highest Paid Physics Graduates 333

Popularity of Physics at Carthage

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Carthage College handed out 7 bachelor's degrees in physics. Due to this, the school was ranked #199 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 46% over the previous year when 13 degrees were handed out.

Carthage Physics Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the physics majors at Carthage College.

Carthage Physics Bachelor’s Program

The physics program at Carthage awarded 7 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 86% of these degrees went to men with the other 14% going to women.

Carthage Gender Breakdown of Physics Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Carthage are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 86% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Carthage College with a bachelor's in physics.

Ethnic Diversity of Physics Majors at Carthage College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 6
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Physics

Physics students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Physics 7

Related Major Annual Graduates
Chemistry 15

View All Physics Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You