Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Central Michigan University

Find Schools Near

Education at Central Michigan University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Central Michigan ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in education.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Central Michigan

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Central Michigan Education Rankings

The bachelor's program at Central Michigan was ranked #106 on College Factual's Best Schools for education list. It is also ranked #6 in Michigan.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Education Colleges for Veterans 62
Highest Paid Education Graduates 474
Most Focused Colleges for Education 518

Popularity of Education at Central Michigan

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Central Michigan University handed out 258 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #54 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 13% over the previous year when 298 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 307 students received their master’s degree in education from Central Michigan. This makes it the #101 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 11 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2018, making the school the #301 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Diversity at Central Michigan

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Central Michigan University.

Central Michigan Education Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 258 students earned a bachelor's degree in education from Central Michigan. About 78% of these graduates were women and the other 22% were men.

Central Michigan Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 95% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Michigan University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Central Michigan University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 244
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 6

Central Michigan Education Master’s Program

Of the 307 students who graduated with a Master’s in education from Central Michigan in 2018, 22% were men and 78% were women.

Central Michigan Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Central Michigan are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 78% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Michigan University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Central Michigan University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 26
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 238
Non-Resident Aliens 10
Other Races 23

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Subject Specific 263
Educational Administration 105
Curriculum & Instruction 67
Student Counseling 58
Teacher Education Grade Specific 58
Special Education 45
Teaching English or French 5
General Education 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Journalism 382
Psychology 341
Social Sciences 267
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 174
History 45

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You