All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 164 undergraduate students at Centura College - Virginia Beach is 22. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 9 to 1 which places Centura College - Virginia Beach among the best concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Centura College - Virginia Beach, there are 9 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the best regarding instructional attention.|
|A significant percentage of the instructors (50.0%) are full-time.|
All of the 22 instructors are "lecturers" rather than "faculty".
Most Popular Majors Students Sign Up For
Centura College - Virginia Beach offers 6 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 6 majors within 4 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Centura College - Virginia Beach awarded 89 undergraduate degrees in 2015 - 2016.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Business Administration & Management||11||24||35|
|Health & Medical Administrative Services||34||0||34|
|Somatic Bodywork & Therapeutic Services||9||0||9|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?