All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 6,363 undergraduate students at Chapman University is 951. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 14 to 1 which makes Chapman University worse than the typical college regarding instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Chapman University, there are 14 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is worse than the typical college concerning instructional attention.|
|A significant percentage of the instructors (44.0%) are full-time.|
A significant percentage of instructors (44.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
The Most Popular Majors Students Choose
Chapman University offers 58 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 44 majors within 22 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Chapman University awarded 1,622 undergraduate degrees in 2015 - 2016.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Business Administration & Management||0||341||341|
|Film, Video & Photographic Arts||0||125||125|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||109||109|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?