Academics at Dartmouth College - Majors, Faculty & More
Wondering what academic life at Dartmouth will be like? In addition to the degrees and majors, as well as the faculty composition at Dartmouth this section includes detailed information on freshman retention rates, reasons students did not graduate, and an analysis of full-time and tenured faculty vs. adjunct teaching staff.
All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 4,418 undergraduate students at Dartmouth College is 738 . When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 7 to 1 which places Dartmouth College among the best concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Dartmouth College , there are 7 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the best regarding instructional attention.|
|The majority of the instructors (80.0% ) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (100.0%
) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
The Most Popular Majors Students Choose
Dartmouth College offers 68 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 47 majors within 16 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Dartmouth College awarded 1,249 undergraduate degrees in 2019 - 2020 .
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Political Science & Government||0||129||129|
|Child Development & Psychology||0||63||63|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?