Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at Dartmouth College

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at Dartmouth College

The Computer Science major is part of the computer & information sciences program at Dartmouth College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Dartmouth ranks in comparison to other schools with compsci programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer Science Degrees Available at Dartmouth

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci
  • Doctorate Degree in CompSci

Dartmouth CompSci Rankings

Dartmouth was ranked #31 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for compsci majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #1 in New Hampshire.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Computer Science Graduates 11
Best Colleges for Computer Science 31
Most Focused Colleges for Computer Science 62
Most Popular Colleges for Computer Science 97
Best Computer Science Colleges for Veterans 111
Best Value Colleges for Computer Science 119

Popularity of CompSci at Dartmouth

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Dartmouth College handed out 87 bachelor's degrees in computer science. Due to this, the school was ranked #97 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 9% over the previous year when 96 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 14 students received their master’s degree in compsci from Dartmouth. This makes it the #148 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in compsci in 2019, making the school the #81 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do CompSci Graduates from Dartmouth Make?

Salary of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of compsci students who receive their bachelor's degree at Dartmouth is $100,500. This is higher than $63,700, which is the national median for all compsci bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CompSci Graduates from Dartmouth Have?

Student Debt of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Dartmouth, compsci students borrow a median amount of $12,250 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all compsci bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,812.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the compsci program at Dartmouth is $127 per month.

CompSci Student Diversity at Dartmouth

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Dartmouth College.

Dartmouth Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

The compsci program at Dartmouth awarded 87 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 70% of these degrees went to men with the other 30% going to women.

Dartmouth Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Dartmouth College with a bachelor's in compsci.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Dartmouth College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 26
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 36
Non-Resident Aliens 10
Other Races 4

Dartmouth Computer Science Master’s Program

Of the 14 students who graduated with a Master’s in compsci from Dartmouth in 2019, 57% were men and 43% were women.

Dartmouth Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Dartmouth College with a master's in compsci.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Dartmouth College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 1

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You