Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemistry at Dartmouth College

Find Schools Near

Chemistry at Dartmouth College

The Chemistry major is part of the physical sciences program at Dartmouth College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Dartmouth ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in chemistry.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Chemistry Degrees Available at Dartmouth

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
  • Master’s Degree in Chemistry
  • Doctorate Degree in Chemistry

Dartmouth Chemistry Rankings

The chemistry major at Dartmouth is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Chemistry. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Chemistry Graduates 17
Most Popular Colleges for Chemistry 378
Most Focused Colleges for Chemistry 446

Popularity of Chemistry at Dartmouth

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Dartmouth College handed out 13 bachelor's degrees in chemistry. Due to this, the school was ranked #378 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 32% over the previous year when 19 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 3 students received their master’s degree in chemistry from Dartmouth. This makes it the #209 most popular school for chemistry master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 7 students received their doctoral degrees in chemistry in 2019, making the school the #124 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Chemistry Student Diversity at Dartmouth

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chemistry majors at Dartmouth College.

Dartmouth Chemistry Bachelor’s Program

The chemistry program at Dartmouth awarded 13 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 62% of these degrees went to men with the other 38% going to women.

Dartmouth Gender Breakdown of Chemistry Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 54% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Dartmouth College with a bachelor's in chemistry.

Ethnic Diversity of Chemistry Majors at Dartmouth College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Dartmouth Chemistry Master’s Program

All of the 3 students who graduated with a Master’s in chemistry from Dartmouth in 2019 were men.

Dartmouth Gender Breakdown of Chemistry Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Dartmouth are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 67% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Dartmouth College with a master's in chemistry.

Ethnic Diversity of Chemistry Majors at Dartmouth College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Chemistry

Related Major Annual Graduates
Physics 21
Geological & Earth Sciences 19

View All Chemistry Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You