Information Technology at Drexel University

Information Technology at Drexel University

Information Technology is one of the majors in the computer & information sciences program at Drexel University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Drexel ranks in comparison to other schools with IT programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Information Technology Degrees Available at Drexel

Drexel IT Rankings

Drexel is in the top 10% of the country for IT. More specifically it was ranked #41 out of 445 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #3 in Pennsylvania.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 12
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Online Information Technology Schools 24
Best Information Technology Master’s Degree Schools 29
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Information Technology 55
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Information Technology 93
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Information Technology 121
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Information Technology 133
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Information Technology 146
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Information Technology 165

Popularity of IT at Drexel

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Drexel University handed out 34 bachelor's degrees in information technology. Due to this, the school was ranked #99 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 19% over the previous year when 42 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 14 students received their master’s degree in IT from Drexel. This makes it the #81 most popular school for IT master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do IT Graduates from Drexel Make?

Salary of IT Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of IT students who receive their bachelor's degree at Drexel is $64,500. This is higher than $46,100, which is the national median for all IT bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do IT Graduates from Drexel Have?

Student Debt of IT Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Drexel, IT students borrow a median amount of $25,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all IT bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $36,177.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the IT program at Drexel is $259 per month.

IT Student Diversity at Drexel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Drexel University.

Drexel Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 88% of IT bachelor's degrees went to men and 12% went to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a bachelor's in IT.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 4

Drexel Information Technology Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 13 students earned a master's degree in IT from Drexel. About 23% of these graduates were women and the other 77% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a master's in IT.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer Science 174
Information Science 110
Computer Software & Applications 13
Computer Information Systems 2

View All Information Technology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You