Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Drexel University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Drexel University

Design & Applied Arts is one of the majors in the visual & performing arts program at Drexel University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Drexel ranks in comparison to other schools with design programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available at Drexel

Drexel Design Rankings

Drexel is in the top 10% of the country for design. More specifically it was ranked #40 out of 562 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #2 in Pennsylvania.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Design & Applied Arts 16
Best Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 38
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Design & Applied Arts 46
Best Design & Applied Arts Master’s Degree Schools 47
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Design & Applied Arts 67
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Design & Applied Arts 73
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Design & Applied Arts 127
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Design & Applied Arts 404

Popularity of Design at Drexel

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Drexel University handed out 185 bachelor's degrees in design and applied arts. Due to this, the school was ranked #21 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 16% over the previous year when 220 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 15 students received their master’s degree in design from Drexel. This makes it the #31 most popular school for design master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Design Graduates from Drexel Make?

Salary of Design Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Design majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Drexel go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $43,500 a year. This is higher than $30,900, which is the national median for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Design Graduates from Drexel Have?

Student Debt of Design Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Drexel, design students borrow a median amount of $26,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all design bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $27,000.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the design program at Drexel is $275 per month.

Drexel Design Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Drexel University.

Drexel Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

The design program at Drexel awarded 185 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 31% of these degrees went to men with the other 69% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 66% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a bachelor's in design.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 15
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 13
White 123
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 10

Drexel Design & Applied Arts Master’s Program

Of the 10 students who graduated with a Master’s in design from Drexel in 2020, 10% were men and 90% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a master's in design.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Arts & Media Management 139
Film, Video & Photographic Arts 32
General Visual & Performing Arts 24
Dance 10
Drama & Theater Arts 10

View All Design & Applied Arts Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You