Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Ferris State University

Find Schools Near

Education at Ferris State University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how Ferris ranks among other schools offering degrees in education.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Ferris

  • Associate’s Degree in Education
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Ferris Education Rankings

The bachelor's program at Ferris was ranked #365 on College Factual's Best Schools for education list. It is also ranked #15 in Michigan.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Education 260
Most Popular Colleges for Education 334
Best Education Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 337
Best Colleges for Education 365
Best Education Colleges for Veterans 369
Most Focused Colleges for Education 1,116

Popularity of Education at Ferris

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Ferris State University handed out 69 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #334 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 1% over the previous year when 70 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 23 students received their master’s degree in education from Ferris. This makes it the #848 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 17 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2018, making the school the #229 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Ferris Education Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Ferris State University.

Ferris Education Associate’s Program

Of the 6 education students who graduated with a associate's degree in 2017-2018 from Ferris, about 33% were men and 67% were women.

Ferris Gender Breakdown of Education Associate's Degree Grads

The majority of associate's degree recipients in this major at Ferris are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 83% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ferris State University with a associate's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Ferris State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Ferris Education Bachelor’s Program

Of the 69 education students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2017-2018 from Ferris, about 22% were men and 78% were women.

Ferris Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 90% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ferris State University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Ferris State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 62
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 5

Ferris Education Master’s Program

The education program at Ferris awarded 23 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 57% of these degrees went to men with the other 43% going to women.

Ferris Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Ferris are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 61% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ferris State University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Ferris State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 14
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 3

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 47
Teacher Education Subject Specific 38
Educational Administration 21
Curriculum & Instruction 10

Majors Similar to Education

Related Major Annual Graduates
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 95
Communication & Journalism 45
Psychology 45
Social Sciences 8
History 4

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You