Agriculture & Agriculture Operations at Kansas State University

Agriculture & Agriculture Operations at Kansas State University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how K -State ranks in comparison to other schools with agriculture and agriculture operations programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Degrees Available at K -State

K -State Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Rankings

K -State was ranked #27 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for agriculture and agriculture operations majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #2 in Kansas.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 1
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Online Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Schools 1
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 4
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 4
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 4
Best Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Master’s Degree Schools 8
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 10
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 11
Best Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Doctor’s Degree Schools 14
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 17
Best Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Bachelor’s Degree Schools 18
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 20
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 48

Popularity of Agriculture & Agriculture Operations at K -State

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Kansas State University handed out 556 bachelor's degrees in agriculture and agriculture operations. Due to this, the school was ranked #4 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 5% over the previous year when 532 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 115 students received their master’s degree in agriculture and agriculture operations from K -State. This makes it the #1 most popular school for agriculture and agriculture operations master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 39 students received their doctoral degrees in agriculture and agriculture operations in 2020, making the school the #6 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Student Diversity at K -State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the agriculture and agriculture operations majors at Kansas State University.

K -State Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Bachelor’s Program

The agriculture and agriculture operations program at K -State awarded 556 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 44% of these degrees went to men with the other 56% going to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at K -State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 89% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Kansas State University with a bachelor's in agriculture and agriculture operations.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 22
White 495
Non-Resident Aliens 9
Other Races 22

K -State Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 118 students earned a master's degree in agriculture and agriculture operations from K -State. About 62% of these graduates were women and the other 38% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 75% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Kansas State University with a master's in agriculture and agriculture operations.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 88
Non-Resident Aliens 20
Other Races 1

Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Majors

Agriculture and Agriculture Operations students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Animal Science 251
Agricultural Economics & Business 138
Plant Sciences 102
Food Science Technology 81
Food Processing 49
Agricultural Public Services 28
Agriculture/Veterinary Preparatory Programs 27
Agricultural Mechanization 20

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 708
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 347
Computer & Information Sciences 134
Engineering Technologies 123
Architecture & Related Services 120

View All Agriculture & Agriculture Operations Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You