Mechanical Engineering at Kettering Universityengineering program at Kettering University.
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Kettering ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in ME.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Mechanical Engineering Degrees Available at Kettering
- Bachelor’s Degree in ME
Kettering ME Rankings
In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for ME majors, Kettering came in at #4. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Michigan.
Popularity of ME at Kettering
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Kettering University handed out 198 bachelor's degrees in mechanical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #57 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 1% over the previous year when 199 degrees were handed out.
How Much Do ME Graduates from Kettering Make?
Salary of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of ME students who receive their bachelor's degree at Kettering is $76,900. This is higher than $62,400, which is the national median for all ME bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do ME Graduates from Kettering Have?
Student Debt of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Kettering, ME students borrow a median amount of $28,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,500 for all ME majors across the country.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the ME program at Kettering is $291 per month.
ME Student Diversity at Kettering
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ME majors at Kettering University.
Kettering Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Program
The ME program at Kettering awarded 198 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 85% of these degrees went to men with the other 15% going to women.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Kettering are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 79% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Kettering University with a bachelor's in ME.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||4|
|Hispanic or Latino||6|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >