Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Marshall University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Marshall University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Marshall University ranks in comparison to other schools with communication and journalism programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Marshall University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

Marshall University Communication & Journalism Rankings

The bachelor's program at Marshall University was ranked #460 on College Factual's Best Schools for communication and journalism list. It is also ranked #2 in West Virginia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Communication & Journalism 174
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 340
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 364
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 450
Best Colleges for Communication & Journalism 460
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 562
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 834

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Marshall University

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Marshall University handed out 37 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #450 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 23% over the previous year when 48 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 8 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Marshall University. This makes it the #241 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at Marshall University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Marshall University.

Marshall University Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 37 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication and journalism from Marshall University. About 57% of these graduates were women and the other 43% were men.

Marshall University Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 86% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Marshall University with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Marshall University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 32
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Marshall University Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 62% of communication and journalism master's degrees went to men and 38% went to women.

Marshall University Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Marshall University are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 100% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Marshall University with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Marshall University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Journalism 45

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 583
Psychology 156
Social Sciences 59
History 30
Library Science 10

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You