Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

English Language & Literature at Marshall University

Find Schools Near

English Language & Literature at Marshall University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Marshall University ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in English language and literature.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

English Language & Literature Degrees Available at Marshall University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in English Language & Literature
  • Master’s Degree in English Language & Literature

Marshall University English Language & Literature Rankings

The bachelor's program at Marshall University was ranked #415 on College Factual's Best Schools for English language and literature list. It is also ranked #2 in West Virginia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for English Language & Literature 91
Most Focused Colleges for English Language & Literature 308
Best Colleges for English Language & Literature 415
Highest Paid English Language & Literature Graduates 712

Popularity of English Language & Literature at Marshall University

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Marshall University handed out 74 bachelor's degrees in English language and literature. Due to this, the school was ranked #205 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 23% over the previous year when 60 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 23 students received their master’s degree in English language and literature from Marshall University. This makes it the #91 most popular school for English language and literature master’s degree candidates in the country.

English Language & Literature Student Diversity at Marshall University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English language and literature majors at Marshall University.

Marshall University English Language & Literature Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 74 students earned a bachelor's degree in English language and literature from Marshall University. About 81% of these graduates were women and the other 19% were men.

Marshall University Gender Breakdown of English Language & Literature Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 93% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Marshall University with a bachelor's in English language and literature.

Ethnic Diversity of English Language & Literature Majors at Marshall University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 69
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Marshall University English Language & Literature Master’s Program

Of the 23 students who earned a master's degree in English Language & Literature from Marshall University in 2017-2018, 35% were men and 65% were women.

Marshall University Gender Breakdown of English Language & Literature Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 61% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Marshall University with a master's in English language and literature.

Ethnic Diversity of English Language & Literature Majors at Marshall University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 14
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for English Language & Literature

English Language and Literature students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General English Literature 79
Writing Studies 18

Majors Similar to English Language & Literature

Related Major Annual Graduates
Liberal Arts / Sciences & Humanities 173
Visual & Performing Arts 56
Foreign Languages & Linguistics 20

View All English Language & Literature Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You