Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Information Systems at Colorado Mesa University

Find Schools Near

Computer Information Systems at Colorado Mesa University

The Computer Information Systems major is part of the computer & information sciences program at Colorado Mesa University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Colorado Mesa ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in CIS.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer Information Systems Degrees Available at Colorado Mesa

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CIS

Colorado Mesa CIS Rankings

The bachelor's program at Colorado Mesa was ranked #343 on College Factual's Best Schools for CIS list. It is also ranked #6 in Colorado.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computer Information Systems Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 277
Best Colleges for Computer Information Systems 343
Most Popular Colleges for Computer Information Systems 359
Most Focused Colleges for Computer Information Systems 561

Popularity of CIS at Colorado Mesa

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Colorado Mesa University handed out 27 bachelor's degrees in computer information systems. Due to this, the school was ranked #359 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 50% over the previous year when 18 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do CIS Graduates from Colorado Mesa Make?

Salary of CIS Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

CIS majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Colorado Mesa go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $43,800 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $53,500 for all CIS students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CIS Graduates from Colorado Mesa Have?

Student Debt of CIS Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Colorado Mesa, CIS students borrow a median amount of $22,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all CIS bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,000.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the CIS program at Colorado Mesa is $234 per month.

CIS Student Diversity at Colorado Mesa

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the CIS majors at Colorado Mesa University.

Colorado Mesa Computer Information Systems Bachelor’s Program

The CIS program at Colorado Mesa awarded 27 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 85% of these degrees went to men with the other 15% going to women.

Colorado Mesa Gender Breakdown of Computer Information Systems Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 89% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Colorado Mesa University with a bachelor's in CIS.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer Information Systems Majors at Colorado Mesa University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 24
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for CIS

Computer Information Systems students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Computer & Information Sciences 27

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer Systems Networking 2

View All Computer Information Systems Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You