Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Family, Consumer & Human Sciences at Missouri State University - Springfield

Find Schools Near

Family, Consumer & Human Sciences at Missouri State University - Springfield

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Missouri State ranks in comparison to other schools with family, consumer and human sciences programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Degrees Available at Missouri State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Family, Consumer & Human Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Family, Consumer & Human Sciences

Missouri State Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at Missouri State was ranked #84 on College Factual's Best Schools for family, consumer and human sciences list. It is also ranked #3 in Missouri.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 80
Most Focused Colleges for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 148

Popularity of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences at Missouri State

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Missouri State University - Springfield handed out 125 bachelor's degrees in family, consumer and human sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #80 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 9% over the previous year when 115 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 14 students received their master’s degree in family, consumer and human sciences from Missouri State. This makes it the #77 most popular school for family, consumer and human sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Student Diversity at Missouri State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the family, consumer and human sciences majors at Missouri State University - Springfield.

Missouri State Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Bachelor’s Program

The family, consumer and human sciences program at Missouri State awarded 125 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 3% of these degrees went to men with the other 97% going to women.

Missouri State Gender Breakdown of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Missouri State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 78% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Missouri State University - Springfield with a bachelor's in family, consumer and human sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Majors at Missouri State University - Springfield
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 98
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 8

Missouri State Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Master’s Program

All of the 14 students who graduated with a Master’s in family, consumer and human sciences from Missouri State in 2018 were women.

Missouri State Gender Breakdown of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 79% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Missouri State University - Springfield with a master's in family, consumer and human sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Majors at Missouri State University - Springfield
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 11
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences

Family, Consumer and Human Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Human Development & Family Studies 74
Textile & Apparel Studies 44
Housing 21

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 686
Social Sciences 287
Psychology 281
Communication & Journalism 254
History 27

View All Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You