Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Nebraska Wesleyan University

Find Schools Near

Education at Nebraska Wesleyan University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how NWU ranks in comparison to other schools with education programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at NWU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education

NWU Education Rankings

The bachelor's program at NWU was ranked #138 on College Factual's Best Schools for education list. It is also ranked #4 in Nebraska.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Education Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 137
Best Value Colleges for Education 160
Best Education Colleges for Veterans 253
Most Focused Colleges for Education 376
Highest Paid Education Graduates 460
Most Popular Colleges for Education 564

Popularity of Education at NWU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Nebraska Wesleyan University handed out 32 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #564 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 18% over the previous year when 39 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 23 students received their master’s degree in education from NWU. This makes it the #848 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

NWU Education Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Nebraska Wesleyan University.

NWU Education Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 32 students earned a bachelor's degree in education from NWU. About 72% of these graduates were women and the other 28% were men.

NWU Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at NWU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 91% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Nebraska Wesleyan University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Nebraska Wesleyan University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 29
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

NWU Education Master’s Program

Of the 23 students who graduated with a Master’s in education from NWU in 2018, 43% were men and 57% were women.

NWU Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at NWU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 96% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Nebraska Wesleyan University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Nebraska Wesleyan University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 22
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Curriculum & Instruction 23
Teacher Education Grade Specific 17
Teacher Education Subject Specific 11
Special Education 4

Related Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Journalism 23
Social Sciences 18
Psychology 14
History 7
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 1

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You