Mechanical Engineering at New Jersey Institute of Technologyengineering program at New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how NJIT ranks among other schools offering degrees in ME.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Mechanical Engineering Degrees Available at NJIT
- Bachelor’s Degree in ME
- Master’s Degree in ME
- Doctorate Degree in ME
NJIT ME Rankings
Popularity of ME at NJIT
During the 2018-2019 academic year, New Jersey Institute of Technology handed out 219 bachelor's degrees in mechanical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #39 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 18% over the previous year when 186 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 50 students received their master’s degree in ME from NJIT. This makes it the #48 most popular school for ME master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 1 students received their doctoral degrees in ME in 2019, making the school the #134 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do ME Graduates from NJIT Make?
Salary of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
ME majors who earn their bachelor's degree from NJIT go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $59,000 a year. This is less than $62,400, which is the national median of all ME majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.
How Much Student Debt Do ME Graduates from NJIT Have?
Student Debt of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at NJIT, ME students borrow a median amount of $23,950 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,500 for all ME majors across the country.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the ME program at NJIT is $249 per month.
NJIT ME Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ME majors at New Jersey Institute of Technology.
NJIT Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Program
For the most recent academic year available, 86% of ME bachelor's degrees went to men and 14% went to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New Jersey Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in ME.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||12|
|Hispanic or Latino||37|
NJIT Mechanical Engineering Master’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 50 students earned a master's degree in ME from NJIT. About 6% of these graduates were women and the other 94% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New Jersey Institute of Technology with a master's in ME.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||6|
Most Popular Majors Related to ME
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >