Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Foreign Languages & Linguistics at New Mexico State University - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

Foreign Languages & Linguistics at New Mexico State University - Main Campus

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how New Mexico State University - Main Campus ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in foreign languages and linguistics.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Foreign Languages & Linguistics Degrees Available at New Mexico State University - Main Campus

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Foreign Languages & Linguistics
  • Master’s Degree in Foreign Languages & Linguistics

New Mexico State University - Main Campus Foreign Languages & Linguistics Rankings

The foreign languages and linguistics major at New Mexico State University - Main Campus is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Foreign Languages & Linguistics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Foreign Languages & Linguistics Graduates 166

Popularity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics at New Mexico State University - Main Campus

During the 2017-2018 academic year, New Mexico State University - Main Campus handed out 64 bachelor's degrees in foreign languages and linguistics. Due to this, the school was ranked #88 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 10% over the previous year when 71 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 33 students received their master’s degree in foreign languages and linguistics from New Mexico State University - Main Campus. This makes it the #20 most popular school for foreign languages and linguistics master’s degree candidates in the country.

New Mexico State University - Main Campus Foreign Languages & Linguistics Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the foreign languages and linguistics majors at New Mexico State University - Main Campus.

New Mexico State University - Main Campus Foreign Languages & Linguistics Bachelor’s Program

Of the 64 foreign languages and linguistics students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2017-2018 from New Mexico State University - Main Campus, about 22% were men and 78% were women.

New Mexico State University - Main Campus Gender Breakdown of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 77% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New Mexico State University - Main Campus with a bachelor's in foreign languages and linguistics.

Ethnic Diversity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Majors at New Mexico State University - Main Campus
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 49
White 14
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

New Mexico State University - Main Campus Foreign Languages & Linguistics Master’s Program

The foreign languages and linguistics program at New Mexico State University - Main Campus awarded 33 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 24% of these degrees went to men with the other 76% going to women.

New Mexico State University - Main Campus Gender Breakdown of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New Mexico State University - Main Campus with a master's in foreign languages and linguistics.

Ethnic Diversity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Majors at New Mexico State University - Main Campus
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 11
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Foreign Languages & Linguistics

Foreign Languages and Linguistics students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Linguistics & Comparative Literature 64
Romance Languages 33

Related Major Annual Graduates
Liberal Arts / Sciences & Humanities 166
Visual & Performing Arts 100
English Language & Literature 72
Philosophy & Religious Studies 6

View All Foreign Languages & Linguistics Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You