Electrical Engineering at New York Institute of Technologyengineering program at New York Institute of Technology.
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how NYIT ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in EE.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Electrical Engineering Degrees Available at NYIT
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE
- Master’s Degree in EE
NYIT EE Rankings
Popularity of EE at NYIT
During the 2017-2018 academic year, New York Institute of Technology handed out 69 bachelor's degrees in electrical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #48 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 21% over the previous year when 87 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 82 students received their master’s degree in EE from NYIT. This makes it the #43 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.
How Much Do EE Graduates from NYIT Make?
Salary of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
EE majors who earn their bachelor's degree from NYIT go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $57,800 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $66,600 for all EE students.
How Much Student Debt Do EE Graduates from NYIT Have?
Student Debt of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at NYIT, EE students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,713 for all EE majors across the country.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the EE program at NYIT is $280 per month.
NYIT EE Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at New York Institute of Technology.
NYIT Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program
Of the 69 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in EE from NYIT in 2018, 86% were men and 14% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in EE.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||4|
|Hispanic or Latino||9|
NYIT Electrical Engineering Master’s Program
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 82 students earned a master's degree in EE from NYIT. About 21% of these graduates were women and the other 79% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York Institute of Technology with a master's in EE.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||6|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Areas of Concentration for EE
Electrical Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By Leginius The Angry under License
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|