Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Mechanical Engineering at New York Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Mechanical Engineering at New York Institute of Technology

Mechanical Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at New York Institute of Technology.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how NYIT ranks in comparison to other schools with ME programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Mechanical Engineering Degrees Available at NYIT

  • Bachelor’s Degree in ME
  • Master’s Degree in ME

NYIT ME Rankings

The bachelor's program at NYIT was ranked #183 on College Factual's Best Schools for ME list. It is also ranked #15 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Mechanical Engineering Graduates 34
Most Focused Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 110
Best Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 183
Best Mechanical Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 184
Best Mechanical Engineering Colleges for Veterans 210
Best Value Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 259
Most Popular Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 268

Popularity of ME at NYIT

During the 2017-2018 academic year, New York Institute of Technology handed out 39 bachelor's degrees in mechanical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #268 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 30% over the previous year when 30 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 2 students received their master’s degree in ME from NYIT. This makes it the #218 most popular school for ME master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do ME Graduates from NYIT Make?

Salary of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

ME majors who earn their bachelor's degree from NYIT go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $64,900 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $62,400 for all ME bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do ME Graduates from NYIT Have?

Student Debt of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at NYIT, ME students borrow a median amount of $26,497 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,500 for all ME majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the ME program at NYIT is $275 per month.

NYIT ME Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ME majors at New York Institute of Technology.

NYIT Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 39 students earned a bachelor's degree in ME from NYIT. About 23% of these graduates were women and the other 77% were men.

NYIT Gender Breakdown of Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in ME.

Ethnic Diversity of Mechanical Engineering Majors at New York Institute of Technology
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 9
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 15

NYIT Mechanical Engineering Master’s Program

All of the 2 students who graduated with a Master’s in ME from NYIT in 2018 were men.

NYIT Gender Breakdown of Mechanical Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York Institute of Technology with a master's in ME.

Ethnic Diversity of Mechanical Engineering Majors at New York Institute of Technology
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for ME

Mechanical Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Mechanical Engineering 41

Related Major Annual Graduates
Electrical Engineering 151

View All Mechanical Engineering Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You