All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 1,216 undergraduate students at Oglala Lakota College is 64. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 11 to 1 which makes Oglala Lakota College better than the typical college regarding instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Oglala Lakota College, there are 11 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is better than the typical college concerning instructional attention.|
|The vast majority of the instructors (98.0%) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (83.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
Most Popular Majors
Oglala Lakota College offers 14 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 13 majors within 11 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Oglala Lakota College awarded 127 undergraduate degrees in 2017 - 2018.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Teacher Education Grade Specific||16||8||24|
|Business Administration & Management||0||15||15|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?