Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Civil Engineering at Ohio State University - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

Civil Engineering at Ohio State University - Main Campus

Civil Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at Ohio State University - Main Campus.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Ohio State ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in civil eng.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Civil Engineering Degrees Available at Ohio State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Master’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Doctorate Degree in Civil Eng

Ohio State Civil Eng Rankings

The bachelor's program at Ohio State was ranked #53 on College Factual's Best Schools for civil eng list. It is also ranked #1 in Ohio.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Civil Engineering 8
Best Civil Engineering Colleges for Veterans 34
Best Value Colleges for Civil Engineering 42
Best Colleges for Civil Engineering 53
Best Civil Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 57
Highest Paid Civil Engineering Graduates 84
Most Focused Colleges for Civil Engineering 163

Popularity of Civil Eng at Ohio State

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Ohio State University - Main Campus handed out 158 bachelor's degrees in civil engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #8 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 13% over the previous year when 182 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 30 students received their master’s degree in civil eng from Ohio State. This makes it the #55 most popular school for civil eng master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 5 students received their doctoral degrees in civil eng in 2019, making the school the #80 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Civil Eng Graduates from Ohio State Make?

Salary of Civil Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of civil eng students who receive their bachelor's degree at Ohio State is $58,800. This is higher than $58,200, which is the national median for all civil eng bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Civil Eng Graduates from Ohio State Have?

Student Debt of Civil Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Ohio State, civil eng students borrow a median amount of $26,457 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,458 for all civil eng majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the civil eng program at Ohio State is $275 per month.

Ohio State Civil Eng Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the civil eng majors at Ohio State University - Main Campus.

Ohio State Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Program

Of the 158 civil eng students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2018-2019 from Ohio State, about 78% were men and 22% were women.

Ohio State Gender Breakdown of Civil Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 72% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ohio State University - Main Campus with a bachelor's in civil eng.

Ethnic Diversity of Civil Engineering Majors at Ohio State University - Main Campus
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 113
Non-Resident Aliens 23
Other Races 8

Ohio State Civil Engineering Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 30 students earned a master's degree in civil eng from Ohio State. About 20% of these graduates were women and the other 80% were men.

Ohio State Gender Breakdown of Civil Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ohio State University - Main Campus with a master's in civil eng.

Ethnic Diversity of Civil Engineering Majors at Ohio State University - Main Campus
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 11
Non-Resident Aliens 16
Other Races 2

Majors Similar to Civil Eng

Related Major Annual Graduates
Electrical Engineering 435
Computer Engineering 396
Mechanical Engineering 303
Chemical Engineering 274
Industrial Engineering 174

View All Civil Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You