Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology at Ohio State University - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology at Ohio State University - Main Campus

The Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology major is part of the physical sciences program at Ohio State University - Main Campus.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Ohio State ranks in comparison to other schools with meteorology programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Degrees Available at Ohio State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology
  • Master’s Degree in Meteorology
  • Doctorate Degree in Meteorology

Ohio State Meteorology Rankings

The meteorology major at Ohio State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Popularity of Meteorology at Ohio State

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Ohio State University - Main Campus handed out 18 bachelor's degrees in atmospheric sciences and meteorology. Due to this, the school was ranked #20 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 38% over the previous year when 13 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 3 students received their master’s degree in meteorology from Ohio State. This makes it the #27 most popular school for meteorology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 1 students received their doctoral degrees in meteorology in 2018, making the school the #28 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Ohio State Meteorology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the meteorology majors at Ohio State University - Main Campus.

Ohio State Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Bachelor’s Program

Of the 18 meteorology students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2017-2018 from Ohio State, about 94% were men and 6% were women.

Ohio State Gender Breakdown of Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 89% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ohio State University - Main Campus with a bachelor's in meteorology.

Ethnic Diversity of Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Majors at Ohio State University - Main Campus
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Ohio State Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Master’s Program

The meteorology program at Ohio State awarded 3 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 67% of these degrees went to men with the other 33% going to women.

Ohio State Gender Breakdown of Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ohio State University - Main Campus with a master's in meteorology.

Ethnic Diversity of Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Majors at Ohio State University - Main Campus
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Meteorology

Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology 22

Related Major Annual Graduates
Chemistry 129
Physics 118
Geological & Earth Sciences 54
Astronomy & Astrophysics 18

View All Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You