Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Engineering at Point Loma Nazarene University

Find Schools Near

Engineering at Point Loma Nazarene University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how PLNU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in engineering.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Engineering Degrees Available at PLNU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering

PLNU Engineering Rankings

The engineering major at PLNU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Engineering Graduates 158
Most Focused Colleges for Engineering 404

Popularity of Engineering at PLNU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Point Loma Nazarene University handed out 22 bachelor's degrees in engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #407 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 22% over the previous year when 18 degrees were handed out.

Engineering Student Diversity at PLNU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering majors at Point Loma Nazarene University.

PLNU Engineering Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 22 students earned a bachelor's degree in engineering from PLNU. About 18% of these graduates were women and the other 82% were men.

PLNU Gender Breakdown of Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at PLNU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 55% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Point Loma Nazarene University with a bachelor's in engineering.

Ethnic Diversity of Engineering Majors at Point Loma Nazarene University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 12
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Engineering

Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Engineering Physics 15
Computer Engineering 7

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 47
Physical Sciences 6
Computer & Information Sciences 5
Natural Resources & Conservation 4
Mathematics & Statistics 3

View All Engineering Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You