Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Journalism at Roger Williams University

Find Schools Near

Journalism at Roger Williams University

Journalism is one of the majors in the communication & journalism program at Roger Williams University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how RWU ranks in comparison to other schools with journalism programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Journalism Degrees Available at RWU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism

RWU Journalism Rankings

The journalism major at RWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Journalism. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Popularity of Journalism at RWU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Roger Williams University handed out 13 bachelor's degrees in journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #199 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 8% over the previous year when 12 degrees were handed out.

How Much Student Debt Do Journalism Graduates from RWU Have?

Student Debt of Journalism Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at RWU, journalism students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,488 for all journalism majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the journalism program at RWU is $280 per month.

Journalism Student Diversity at RWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the journalism majors at Roger Williams University.

RWU Journalism Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 13 students earned a bachelor's degree in journalism from RWU. About 69% of these graduates were women and the other 31% were men.

RWU Gender Breakdown of Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at RWU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 100% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Roger Williams University with a bachelor's in journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Journalism Majors at Roger Williams University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Journalism

Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Journalism 13

Related Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 56
Public Relations & Advertising 1

View All Journalism Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You