Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Psychology at Roger Williams University

Find Schools Near

Psychology at Roger Williams University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how RWU ranks among other schools offering degrees in psychology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Psychology Degrees Available at RWU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
  • Master’s Degree in Psychology

RWU Psychology Rankings

The bachelor's program at RWU was ranked #340 on College Factual's Best Schools for psychology list. It is also ranked #4 in Rhode Island.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Online Psychology Schools 23
Best Psychology Colleges for Veterans 420
Most Popular Colleges for Psychology 455
Highest Paid Psychology Graduates 510
Best Value Colleges for Psychology 667

Popularity of Psychology at RWU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Roger Williams University handed out 70 bachelor's degrees in psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #455 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 5% over the previous year when 74 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 19 students received their master’s degree in psychology from RWU. This makes it the #359 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.

RWU Psychology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Roger Williams University.

RWU Psychology Bachelor’s Program

The psychology program at RWU awarded 70 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 6% of these degrees went to men with the other 94% going to women.

RWU Gender Breakdown of Psychology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at RWU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 87% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Roger Williams University with a bachelor's in psychology.

Ethnic Diversity of Psychology Majors at Roger Williams University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 61
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 2

RWU Psychology Master’s Program

Of the 19 psychology students who graduated with a master's degree in 2017-2018 from RWU, about 5% were men and 95% were women.

RWU Gender Breakdown of Psychology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at RWU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 74% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Roger Williams University with a master's in psychology.

Ethnic Diversity of Psychology Majors at Roger Williams University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 14
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Psychology

Psychology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Psychology 71
Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology 18

Related Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Journalism 70
Education 62
Social Sciences 46
History 5
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 1

View All Psychology Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You