Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Sciences at Roger Williams University

Find Schools Near

Social Sciences at Roger Williams University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how RWU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in social sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Social Sciences Degrees Available at RWU

  • Associate’s Degree in Social Sciences
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences

RWU Social Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at RWU was ranked #458 on College Factual's Best Schools for social sciences list. It is also ranked #6 in Rhode Island.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Online Social Sciences Schools 52
Most Popular Online Social Sciences Schools 161
Best Social Sciences Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 435
Most Popular Colleges for Social Sciences 666

Popularity of Social Sciences at RWU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Roger Williams University handed out 44 bachelor's degrees in social sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #666 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 19% over the previous year when 37 degrees were handed out.

Social Sciences Student Diversity at RWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at Roger Williams University.

RWU Social Sciences Associate’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 2 social sciences majors earned their associate's degree from RWU. Of these graduates, 50% were men and 50% were women.

RWU Gender Breakdown of Social Sciences Associate's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Roger Williams University with a associate's in social sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Social Sciences Majors at Roger Williams University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

RWU Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 44 students earned a bachelor's degree in social sciences from RWU. About 48% of these graduates were women and the other 52% were men.

RWU Gender Breakdown of Social Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at RWU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 59% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Roger Williams University with a bachelor's in social sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Social Sciences Majors at Roger Williams University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 26
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 6

Areas of Concentration for Social Sciences

Social Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
International Relations & National Security 14
Political Science & Government 13
Sociology & Anthropology 8
General Social Sciences 7
Economics 4

Related Major Annual Graduates
Psychology 89
Communication & Journalism 70
Education 62
History 5
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 1

View All Social Sciences Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You