Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Civil Engineering at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology

Find Schools Near

Civil Engineering at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology

Civil Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how SD Mines ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in civil eng.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Civil Engineering Degrees Available at SD Mines

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Master’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Doctorate Degree in Civil Eng

SD Mines Civil Eng Rankings

SD Mines is in the top 10% of the country for civil eng. More specifically it was ranked #11 out of 183 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in South Dakota.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Civil Engineering 1
Best Civil Engineering Colleges for Veterans 2
Most Focused Colleges for Civil Engineering 2
Best Colleges for Civil Engineering 11
Highest Paid Civil Engineering Graduates 86
Most Popular Colleges for Civil Engineering 88

Popularity of Civil Eng at SD Mines

During the 2018-2019 academic year, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology handed out 64 bachelor's degrees in civil engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #88 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 19% over the previous year when 54 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 22 students received their master’s degree in civil eng from SD Mines. This makes it the #82 most popular school for civil eng master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in civil eng in 2019, making the school the #107 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Civil Eng Graduates from SD Mines Make?

Salary of Civil Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Civil Eng majors who earn their bachelor's degree from SD Mines go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $58,700 a year. This is higher than $58,200, which is the national median for all civil eng bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Civil Eng Graduates from SD Mines Have?

Student Debt of Civil Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at SD Mines, civil eng students borrow a median amount of $27,200 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,458 for all civil eng majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the civil eng program at SD Mines is $282 per month.

SD Mines Civil Eng Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the civil eng majors at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.

SD Mines Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Program

Of the 64 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from SD Mines in 2018-2019, 66% were men and 34% were women.

SD Mines Gender Breakdown of Civil Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 77% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from South Dakota School of Mines and Technology with a bachelor's in civil eng.

Ethnic Diversity of Civil Engineering Majors at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 49
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 7

SD Mines Civil Engineering Master’s Program

The civil eng program at SD Mines awarded 22 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 64% of these degrees went to men with the other 36% going to women.

SD Mines Gender Breakdown of Civil Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at SD Mines are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 73% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from South Dakota School of Mines and Technology with a master's in civil eng.

Ethnic Diversity of Civil Engineering Majors at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 89
Industrial Engineering 64
Chemical Engineering 52
Metallurgical Engineering 40
Mining Engineering 34

View All Civil Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You