Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Civil Engineering at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

Find Schools Near

Civil Engineering at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

Civil Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. Also, learn how SIUE ranks among other schools offering degrees in civil eng.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Civil Engineering Degrees Available at SIUE

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Master’s Degree in Civil Eng

SIUE Civil Eng Rankings

The bachelor's program at SIUE was ranked #137 on College Factual's Best Schools for civil eng list. It is also ranked #5 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Civil Engineering 97
Most Popular Colleges for Civil Engineering 109
Highest Paid Civil Engineering Graduates 117
Best Civil Engineering Colleges for Veterans 129
Best Colleges for Civil Engineering 137

Popularity of Civil Eng at SIUE

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville handed out 53 bachelor's degrees in civil engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #109 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 4% over the previous year when 51 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 19 students received their master’s degree in civil eng from SIUE. This makes it the #95 most popular school for civil eng master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Civil Eng Graduates from SIUE Make?

Salary of Civil Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Civil Eng majors who earn their bachelor's degree from SIUE go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $56,700 a year. This is less than $58,200, which is the national median of all civil eng majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Civil Eng Graduates from SIUE Have?

Student Debt of Civil Eng Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at SIUE, civil eng students borrow a median amount of $21,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all civil eng bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,458.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the civil eng program at SIUE is $223 per month.

Civil Eng Student Diversity at SIUE

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the civil eng majors at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.

SIUE Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Program

Of the 53 civil eng students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2018-2019 from SIUE, about 85% were men and 15% were women.

SIUE Gender Breakdown of Civil Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at SIUE are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 92% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville with a bachelor's in civil eng.

Ethnic Diversity of Civil Engineering Majors at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 49
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

SIUE Civil Engineering Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 19 students earned a master's degree in civil eng from SIUE. About 37% of these graduates were women and the other 63% were men.

SIUE Gender Breakdown of Civil Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville with a master's in civil eng.

Ethnic Diversity of Civil Engineering Majors at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
Non-Resident Aliens 13
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 108
Electrical Engineering 84
Industrial Engineering 62
Computer Engineering 22
Robotics Engineering 3

View All Civil Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You