Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Engineering at SUNY Maritime College

Find Schools Near

Engineering at SUNY Maritime College

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how SUNY Maritime ranks in comparison to other schools with engineering programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Engineering Degrees Available at SUNY Maritime

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering

SUNY Maritime Engineering Rankings

The bachelor's program at SUNY Maritime was ranked #83 on College Factual's Best Schools for engineering list. It is also ranked #10 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Engineering 17
Most Focused Colleges for Engineering 33
Best Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 53
Highest Paid Engineering Graduates 58
Best Engineering Colleges for Veterans 76
Best Colleges for Engineering 83
Most Popular Colleges for Engineering 233

Popularity of Engineering at SUNY Maritime

During the 2017-2018 academic year, SUNY Maritime College handed out 160 bachelor's degrees in engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #233 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 24% over the previous year when 129 degrees were handed out.

Engineering Student Diversity at SUNY Maritime

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering majors at SUNY Maritime College.

SUNY Maritime Engineering Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 160 students earned a bachelor's degree in engineering from SUNY Maritime. About 11% of these graduates were women and the other 89% were men.

SUNY Maritime Gender Breakdown of Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 72% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from SUNY Maritime College with a bachelor's in engineering.

Ethnic Diversity of Engineering Majors at SUNY Maritime College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 115
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 11

Areas of Concentration for Engineering

Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 82
Marine Engineering 40
Electrical Engineering 23
Industrial Engineering 15

Related Major Annual Graduates
Physical Sciences 24
Engineering Technologies 10

View All Engineering Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You