Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Towson University

Find Schools Near

Education at Towson University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Towson ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in education.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Towson

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Towson Education Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for education majors, Towson came in at #11. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Maryland.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Education Colleges for Veterans 3
Best Colleges for Education 11
Most Popular Colleges for Education 12
Highest Paid Education Graduates 84
Most Focused Colleges for Education 348

Popularity of Education at Towson

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Towson University handed out 434 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #12 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 7% over the previous year when 465 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 210 students received their master’s degree in education from Towson. This makes it the #198 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 5 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2018, making the school the #396 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Diversity at Towson

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Towson University.

Towson Education Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 11% of education bachelor's degrees went to men and 89% went to women.

Towson Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 74% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Towson University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Towson University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 14
Black or African American 30
Hispanic or Latino 37
White 321
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 31

Towson Education Master’s Program

The education program at Towson awarded 210 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 16% of these degrees went to men with the other 84% going to women.

Towson Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Towson are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 71% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Towson University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Towson University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 17
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 150
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 27

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 266
Special Education 192
Teacher Education Subject Specific 98
General Education 51
Instructional Media Design 34
Other Education 34

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 520
Psychology 444
Communication & Journalism 426
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 86
History 47

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You