Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Physical Sciences at Towson University

Find Schools Near

Physical Sciences at Towson University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Towson ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in physical sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Physical Sciences Degrees Available at Towson

Towson Physical Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at Towson was ranked #114 on College Factual's Best Schools for physical sciences list. It is also ranked #4 in Maryland.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 30
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 74
Best Physical Sciences Master’s Degree Schools 97
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 109
Best Physical Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 115
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 258
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 301
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 360

Popularity of Physical Sciences at Towson

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Towson University handed out 90 bachelor's degrees in physical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #150 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 7% over the previous year when 84 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 4 students received their master’s degree in physical sciences from Towson. This makes it the #279 most popular school for physical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Physical Sciences Student Diversity at Towson

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the physical sciences majors at Towson University.

Towson Physical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

The physical sciences program at Towson awarded 90 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 46% of these degrees went to men with the other 54% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 62% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Towson University with a bachelor's in physical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 56
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 4

Towson Physical Sciences Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 6 students earned a master's degree in physical sciences from Towson. About 17% of these graduates were women and the other 83% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 67% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Towson University with a master's in physical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Physical Sciences Majors

Physical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Chemistry 53
Physics 30
Geological & Earth Sciences 13

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer & Information Sciences 494
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 280
Natural Resources & Conservation 63
Mathematics & Statistics 55

View All Physical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You