Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at University of Arizona

Find Schools Near

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at University of Arizona

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Arizona ranks in comparison to other schools with area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Degrees Available at Arizona

  • Certificate (Less Than 1 Year) in Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies
  • Master’s Degree in Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies
  • Doctorate Degree in Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies

Arizona Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Rankings

The bachelor's program at Arizona was ranked #59 on College Factual's Best Schools for area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies list. It is also ranked #1 in Arizona.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Schools 10
Most Popular Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 25
Highest Paid Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Graduates 85

Popularity of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at Arizona

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Arizona handed out 72 bachelor's degrees in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #25 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 14% over the previous year when 84 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 21 students received their master’s degree in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies from Arizona. This makes it the #18 most popular school for area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 13 students received their doctoral degrees in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies in 2018, making the school the #6 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Student Diversity at Arizona

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies majors at University of Arizona.

Arizona Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Bachelor’s Program

The area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies program at Arizona awarded 72 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 42% of these degrees went to men with the other 58% going to women.

Arizona Gender Breakdown of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Arizona with a bachelor's in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies.

Ethnic Diversity of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Majors at University of Arizona
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 26
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 9

Arizona Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Master’s Program

Of the 21 area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies students who graduated with a master's degree in 2017-2018 from Arizona, about 33% were men and 67% were women.

Arizona Gender Breakdown of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Arizona with a master's in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies.

Ethnic Diversity of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Majors at University of Arizona
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 3

Areas of Concentration for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies

Area, Ethnic, Culture, and Gender Studies students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Area Studies 76
Ethnic Studies 36

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 682
Psychology 557
Education 522
Communication & Journalism 396
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 119

View All Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You