Drama & Theater Arts at University of Arizona

Drama & Theater Arts at University of Arizona

Drama & Theater Arts is one of the majors in the visual & performing arts program at University of Arizona.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how University of Arizona ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in theater.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available at University of Arizona

University of Arizona Theater Rankings

The bachelor's program at University of Arizona was ranked #159 on College Factual's Best Schools for theater list. It is also ranked #1 in Arizona.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 40
Best Drama & Theater Arts Master’s Degree Schools 103
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 110
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 114
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 135
Best Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 148
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 308
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 431

Popularity of Theater at University of Arizona

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Arizona handed out 57 bachelor's degrees in drama and theater arts. Due to this, the school was ranked #51 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 39% over the previous year when 41 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 7 students received their master’s degree in theater from University of Arizona. This makes it the #82 most popular school for theater master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Theater Graduates from University of Arizona Make?

Salary of Theater Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Theater majors who earn their bachelor's degree from University of Arizona go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $21,500 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $20,100 for all theater bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Theater Graduates from University of Arizona Have?

Student Debt of Theater Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at University of Arizona, theater students borrow a median amount of $15,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all theater bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,250.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the theater program at University of Arizona is $161 per month.

Theater Student Diversity at University of Arizona

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at University of Arizona.

University of Arizona Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

Of the 57 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Drama & Theater Arts from University of Arizona in 2019-2020, 40% were men and 60% were women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at University of Arizona are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 65% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Arizona with a bachelor's in theater.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 37
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 5

University of Arizona Drama & Theater Arts Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 3 students earned a master's degree in theater from University of Arizona. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Arizona with a master's in theater.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Fine & Studio Arts 105
Music 85
Film, Video & Photographic Arts 73
Dance 31

View All Drama & Theater Arts Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You