Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at University of California - Santa Cruz

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at University of California - Santa Cruz

Anthropology is one of the majors in the social sciences program at University of California - Santa Cruz.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UC Santa Cruz ranks in comparison to other schools with anthropology programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Anthropology Degrees Available at UC Santa Cruz

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Doctorate Degree in Anthropology

UC Santa Cruz Anthropology Rankings

UC Santa Cruz was ranked #17 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for anthropology majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #6 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Anthropology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 14
Most Focused Colleges for Anthropology 33
Best Anthropology Colleges for Veterans 35
Best Value Colleges for Anthropology 76

Popularity of Anthropology at UC Santa Cruz

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of California - Santa Cruz handed out 112 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #6 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 10% over the previous year when 124 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 4 students received their master’s degree in anthropology from UC Santa Cruz. This makes it the #104 most popular school for anthropology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 7 students received their doctoral degrees in anthropology in 2019, making the school the #26 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Anthropology Graduates from UC Santa Cruz Make?

Salary of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of anthropology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UC Santa Cruz is $26,400. This is higher than $23,750, which is the national median for all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Anthropology Graduates from UC Santa Cruz Have?

Student Debt of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UC Santa Cruz, anthropology students borrow a median amount of $19,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,752.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the anthropology program at UC Santa Cruz is $197 per month.

UC Santa Cruz Anthropology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at University of California - Santa Cruz.

UC Santa Cruz Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 112 students earned a bachelor's degree in anthropology from UC Santa Cruz. About 73% of these graduates were women and the other 27% were men.

UC Santa Cruz Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California - Santa Cruz with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at University of California - Santa Cruz
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 44
White 39
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 15

UC Santa Cruz Anthropology Master’s Program

Of the 4 anthropology students who graduated with a master's degree in 2018-2019 from UC Santa Cruz, about 25% were men and 75% were women.

UC Santa Cruz Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California - Santa Cruz with a master's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at University of California - Santa Cruz
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Sociology 242
Economics 207
Political Science & Government 174
Archeology 4

View All Anthropology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You