Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at University of Colorado Boulder

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at University of Colorado Boulder

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how CU - Boulder ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication and journalism.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at CU - Boulder

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Doctorate Degree in Communication & Journalism

CU - Boulder Communication & Journalism Rankings

CU - Boulder is in the top 10% of the country for communication and journalism. More specifically it was ranked #32 out of 600 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in Colorado.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Communication & Journalism 32
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 36

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at CU - Boulder

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Colorado Boulder handed out 593 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #20 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 2% over the previous year when 581 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 27 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from CU - Boulder. This makes it the #83 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 13 students received their doctoral degrees in communication and journalism in 2018, making the school the #15 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at CU - Boulder

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at University of Colorado Boulder.

CU - Boulder Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

Of the 593 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in communication and journalism from CU - Boulder in 2018, 33% were men and 67% were women.

CU - Boulder Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 78% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Colorado Boulder with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at University of Colorado Boulder
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 58
White 464
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 45

CU - Boulder Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

The communication and journalism program at CU - Boulder awarded 27 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 26% of these degrees went to men with the other 74% going to women.

CU - Boulder Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 74% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Colorado Boulder with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at University of Colorado Boulder
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 4

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 281
Public Relations & Advertising 222
Journalism 127
Radio, Television & Digital Communication 3

Majors Similar to Communication & Journalism

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 917
Psychology 484
Education 134
History 74
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 70

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You