Biological & Biomedical Sciences at University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how CU Anschutz ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biological and biomedical sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at CU Anschutz

CU Anschutz Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at CU Anschutz was ranked #359 on College Factual's Best Schools for biological and biomedical sciences list. It is also ranked #3 in Colorado.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 61
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 73
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 83
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 91
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 127
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Doctor’s Degree Schools 142
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 164
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 233
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 269
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 348
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Degree Schools 362
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 623

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at CU Anschutz

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus handed out 248 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #105 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 12% over the previous year when 222 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 62 students received their master’s degree in biological and biomedical sciences from CU Anschutz. This makes it the #77 most popular school for biological and biomedical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 58 students received their doctoral degrees in biological and biomedical sciences in 2020, making the school the #44 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

CU Anschutz Biological & Biomedical Sciences Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus.

CU Anschutz Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 248 students earned a bachelor's degree in biological and biomedical sciences from CU Anschutz. About 60% of these graduates were women and the other 40% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 62
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 40
White 115
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 15

CU Anschutz Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Program

The biological and biomedical sciences program at CU Anschutz awarded 55 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 38% of these degrees went to men with the other 62% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 75% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus with a master's in biological and biomedical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 41
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 5

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 249
Cell Biology & Anatomical Sciences 26
Biomathematics & Bioinformatics 19
Biotechnology 11
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 10
Physiology & Pathology Sciences 8
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 7
Microbiological Sciences & Immunology 6
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 5
Biological & Biomedical Sciences (Other) 3
Pharmacology & Toxicology 2
Genetics 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 259
Architecture & Related Services 236
Computer & Information Sciences 182
Mathematics & Statistics 67
Physical Sciences 33

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You