Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how CU Anschutz ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication and journalism.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at CU Anschutz

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

CU Anschutz Communication & Journalism Rankings

The bachelor's program at CU Anschutz was ranked #208 on College Factual's Best Schools for communication and journalism list. It is also ranked #5 in Colorado.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Communication & Journalism Schools 20
Best Online Communication & Journalism Schools 21
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 169
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 199
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 235

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at CU Anschutz

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus handed out 111 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #199 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 23% over the previous year when 145 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 11 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from CU Anschutz. This makes it the #195 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at CU Anschutz

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus.

CU Anschutz Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

The communication and journalism program at CU Anschutz awarded 111 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 34% of these degrees went to men with the other 66% going to women.

CU Anschutz Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 50
Non-Resident Aliens 35
Other Races 5

CU Anschutz Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

All of the 11 students who graduated with a Master’s in communication and journalism from CU Anschutz in 2018 were women.

CU Anschutz Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at CU Anschutz are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 73% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 122

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 526
Social Sciences 380
Psychology 211
Library Science 40
History 36

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You