Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Relations & Advertising at University of Florida

Find Schools Near

Public Relations & Advertising at University of Florida

Public Relations & Advertising is one of the majors in the communication & journalism program at University of Florida.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UF ranks in comparison to other schools with public relations programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Public Relations & Advertising Degrees Available at UF

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations
  • Master’s Degree in Public Relations

UF Public Relations Rankings

The bachelor's program at UF was ranked #19 on College Factual's Best Schools for public relations list. It is also ranked #2 in Florida.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Online Public Relations & Advertising Schools 1
Most Popular Online Public Relations & Advertising Schools 2
Best Value Colleges for Public Relations & Advertising 3
Most Popular Colleges for Public Relations & Advertising 6
Best Public Relations & Advertising Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 16
Best Colleges for Public Relations & Advertising 19
Best Public Relations & Advertising Colleges for Veterans 20
Highest Paid Public Relations & Advertising Graduates 36
Most Focused Colleges for Public Relations & Advertising 61

Popularity of Public Relations at UF

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of Florida handed out 402 bachelor's degrees in public relations and advertising. Due to this, the school was ranked #6 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 7% over the previous year when 375 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 2 students received their master’s degree in public relations from UF. This makes it the #85 most popular school for public relations master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Public Relations Graduates from UF Make?

Salary of Public Relations Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Public Relations majors who earn their bachelor's degree from UF go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $36,600 a year. This is higher than $35,000, which is the national median for all public relations bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Public Relations Graduates from UF Have?

Student Debt of Public Relations Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UF, public relations students borrow a median amount of $17,870 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all public relations bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,237.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the public relations program at UF is $185 per month.

UF Public Relations Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public relations majors at University of Florida.

UF Public Relations & Advertising Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 402 students earned a bachelor's degree in public relations from UF. About 80% of these graduates were women and the other 20% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UF are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 56% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a bachelor's in public relations.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 21
Black or African American 14
Hispanic or Latino 104
White 226
Non-Resident Aliens 9
Other Races 28

UF Public Relations & Advertising Master’s Program

All of the 2 students who graduated with a Master’s in public relations from UF in 2019 were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a master's in public relations.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Radio, Television & Digital Communication 207
Communication & Media Studies 112
Journalism 101

View All Public Relations & Advertising Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You