Mechanical Engineering at University of Florida

Mechanical Engineering at University of Florida

Mechanical Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at University of Florida.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how UF ranks among other schools offering degrees in ME.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Mechanical Engineering Degrees Available at UF

UF ME Rankings

UF was ranked #40 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for ME majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #1 in Florida.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 10
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 13
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 25
Best Mechanical Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 34
Best Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 38
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 57
Best Mechanical Engineering Doctor’s Degree Schools 62
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 70
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 74
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 79
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 81
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 210

Popularity of ME at UF

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Florida handed out 320 bachelor's degrees in mechanical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #7 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 0% over the previous year when 321 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 142 students received their master’s degree in ME from UF. This makes it the #4 most popular school for ME master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 29 students received their doctoral degrees in ME in 2020, making the school the #11 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do ME Graduates from UF Make?

Salary of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

ME majors who earn their bachelor's degree from UF go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $63,700 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $62,400 for all ME bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Salary of ME Graduates with a Master's Degree

ME majors graduating with a master's degree from UF make a median salary of $75,000 a year. This is less than what their typical peers from other schools make. Their median salary is $78,200.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do ME Graduates from UF Have?

Student Debt of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UF, ME students borrow a median amount of $20,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all ME bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,500.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the ME program at UF is $208 per month.

ME Student Diversity at UF

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ME majors at University of Florida.

UF Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

Of the 320 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from UF in 2019-2020, 77% were men and 23% were women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UF are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 58% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a bachelor's in ME.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 37
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 66
White 186
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 18

UF Mechanical Engineering Master’s Program

The ME program at UF awarded 102 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 91% of these degrees went to men with the other 9% going to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a master's in ME.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 37
Non-Resident Aliens 53
Other Races 3

Related Major Annual Graduates
Electrical Engineering 280
Civil Engineering 222
Systems Engineering 182
Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering 173
Chemical Engineering 156

View All Mechanical Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You