Communication Sciences at University of Floridahealth professions program at University of Florida.
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how UF ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication sciences.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Communication Sciences Degrees Available at UF
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences
- Doctorate Degree in Communication Sciences
UF Communication Sciences Rankings
Popularity of Communication Sciences at UF
During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Florida handed out 70 bachelor's degrees in communication sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #30 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 19% over the previous year when 86 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 29 students received their master’s degree in communication sciences from UF. This makes it the #128 most popular school for communication sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 26 students received their doctoral degrees in communication sciences in 2020, making the school the #6 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
Salary of Communication Sciences Graduates with a Master's Degree
Communication Sciences majors graduating with a master's degree from UF make a median salary of $49,400 a year. This is less than what their typical peers from other schools make. Their median salary is $53,950.
How Much Student Debt Do Communication Sciences Graduates from UF Have?
Student Debt of Communication Sciences Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at UF, communication sciences students borrow a median amount of $14,039 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all communication sciences bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $20,500.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the communication sciences program at UF is $146 per month.
Student Debt of Communication Sciences Graduates with a Master's Degree
At UF, a typical communication sciences student working on their master's degree borrrows about $41,686 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all communication sciences master's graduates is $41,000.
Those master's students from UF on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $486 per month.
Communication Sciences Student Diversity at UF
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication sciences majors at University of Florida.
UF Communication Sciences Bachelor’s Program
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 70 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication sciences from UF. About 99% of these graduates were women and the other 1% were men.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UF are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 63% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a bachelor's in communication sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||5|
|Hispanic or Latino||17|
UF Communication Sciences Master’s Program
Of the 27 communication sciences students who graduated with a master's degree in 2019-2020 from UF, about 7% were men and 93% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 78% of 2020 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a master's in communication sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||4|
Majors Similar to Communication Sciences
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Health Sciences & Services||220|
More about our data sources and methodologies.