Health Sciences & Services at University of Florida

Health Sciences & Services at University of Florida

The Health Sciences & Services major is part of the health professions program at University of Florida.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how UF ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in health science.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Health Sciences & Services Degrees Available at UF

UF Health Science Rankings

UF is in the top 10% of the country for health science. More specifically it was ranked #37 out of 495 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in Florida.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health Sciences & Services 15
Best Health Sciences & Services Bachelor’s Degree Schools 19
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health Sciences & Services 109
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health Sciences & Services 193

Popularity of Health Science at UF

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Florida handed out 220 bachelor's degrees in health sciences and services. Due to this, the school was ranked #20 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 9% over the previous year when 202 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Health Science Graduates from UF Make?

Salary of Health Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Health Science majors who earn their bachelor's degree from UF go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $24,700 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $30,850 for all health science students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Health Science Graduates from UF Have?

Student Debt of Health Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UF, health science students borrow a median amount of $16,529 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all health science bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,875.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the health science program at UF is $172 per month.

UF Health Science Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the health science majors at University of Florida.

UF Health Sciences & Services Bachelor’s Program

The health science program at UF awarded 220 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 16% of these degrees went to men with the other 84% going to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UF are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 58% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a bachelor's in health science.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 22
Black or African American 16
Hispanic or Latino 40
White 127
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 12

Related Major Annual Graduates
Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences 501
Public Health 400
Nursing 295
Medicine 130
Communication Sciences 129

View All Health Sciences & Services Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You