Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at University of Maryland - College Park

Find Schools Near

Education at University of Maryland - College Park

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how UMCP ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in education.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at UMCP

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

UMCP Education Rankings

UMCP was ranked #51 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for education majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #3 in Maryland.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Education 51
Best Education Colleges for Veterans 99
Most Popular Colleges for Education 148

Popularity of Education at UMCP

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Maryland - College Park handed out 156 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #148 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 8% over the previous year when 169 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 232 students received their master’s degree in education from UMCP. This makes it the #169 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 62 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2018, making the school the #39 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

UMCP Education Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at University of Maryland - College Park.

UMCP Education Bachelor’s Program

Of the 156 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in education from UMCP in 2018, 20% were men and 80% were women.

UMCP Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UMCP are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 63% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Maryland - College Park with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at University of Maryland - College Park
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 20
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 19
White 98
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 9

UMCP Education Master’s Program

The education program at UMCP awarded 232 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 28% of these degrees went to men with the other 72% going to women.

UMCP Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 56% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Maryland - College Park with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at University of Maryland - College Park
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 24
Black or African American 27
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 131
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 20

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Curriculum & Instruction 173
Teacher Education Grade Specific 124
Educational Administration 67
Special Education 33
Student Counseling 27
Teacher Education Subject Specific 18
Educational Assessment 16

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 1,585
Communication & Journalism 508
Psychology 349
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 157
History 127

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You