English Language & Literature at University of North Texas

English Language & Literature at University of North Texas

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how UNT ranks in comparison to other schools with English language and literature programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

English Language & Literature Degrees Available at UNT

UNT English Language & Literature Rankings

The bachelor's program at UNT was ranked #178 on College Factual's Best Schools for English language and literature list. It is also ranked #10 in Texas.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 8
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 9
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 53
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 65
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 72
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 81
Best English Language & Literature Doctor’s Degree Schools 98
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 125
Best English Language & Literature Master’s Degree Schools 146
Best English Language & Literature Bachelor’s Degree Schools 165
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 246
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for English Language & Literature 306

Popularity of English Language & Literature at UNT

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of North Texas handed out 300 bachelor's degrees in English language and literature. Due to this, the school was ranked #10 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 9% over the previous year when 331 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 26 students received their master’s degree in English language and literature from UNT. This makes it the #75 most popular school for English language and literature master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 11 students received their doctoral degrees in English language and literature in 2020, making the school the #36 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

English Language & Literature Student Diversity at UNT

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English language and literature majors at University of North Texas.

UNT English Language & Literature Bachelor’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 300 English language and literature majors earned their bachelor's degree from UNT. Of these graduates, 31% were men and 69% were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 57% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Texas with a bachelor's in English language and literature.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 11
Black or African American 24
Hispanic or Latino 69
White 172
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 23

UNT English Language & Literature Master’s Program

The English language and literature program at UNT awarded 25 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 32% of these degrees went to men with the other 68% going to women.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at UNT are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 72% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Texas with a master's in English language and literature.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 18
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

English Language & Literature Majors

English Language and Literature students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
General English Literature 185
Writing Studies 146

Related Major Annual Graduates
Visual & Performing Arts 837
Liberal Arts / Sciences & Humanities 618
Foreign Languages & Linguistics 121
Philosophy & Religious Studies 34

View All English Language & Literature Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You