Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at University of Washington - Seattle Campus

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at University of Washington - Seattle Campus

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how UW Seattle ranks among other schools offering degrees in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Degrees Available at UW Seattle

UW Seattle Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Rankings

The bachelor's program at UW Seattle was ranked #39 on College Factual's Best Schools for area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies list. It is also ranked #1 in Washington.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 4
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 10
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 11
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 15
Best Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Doctor’s Degree Schools 21
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 28
Best Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Master’s Degree Schools 34
Best Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 35
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 42
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 43
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 77
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 84

Popularity of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at UW Seattle

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Washington - Seattle Campus handed out 265 bachelor's degrees in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #2 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 15% over the previous year when 313 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 33 students received their master’s degree in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies from UW Seattle. This makes it the #9 most popular school for area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 12 students received their doctoral degrees in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies in 2020, making the school the #6 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

UW Seattle Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies majors at University of Washington - Seattle Campus.

UW Seattle Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 265 students earned a bachelor's degree in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies from UW Seattle. About 69% of these graduates were women and the other 31% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Washington - Seattle Campus with a bachelor's in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 47
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 39
White 105
Non-Resident Aliens 29
Other Races 33

UW Seattle Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Master’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 30 area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies majors earned their master's degree from UW Seattle. Of these graduates, 43% were men and 57% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Washington - Seattle Campus with a master's in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 2

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Majors

Area, Ethnic, Culture, and Gender Studies students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Area Studies 228
Ethnic Studies 75

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 1,186
Education 633
Communication & Journalism 587
Psychology 527
History 144

View All Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You